• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone cut out their fenders?

Lhofkamp

Loc.
Santa Monica
Hope everyone is enjoying their 3 day weekend,

With summer heating up I keep thinking about ways to keep my temps down. David at ASC suggested I throw some of the wild horse's ventilation fenders on mine however I'm unsure if I want to go that route.

Few Concerns,

1.) Resale, am I trashing it?

2.) Does it really help? I have headers so I can see a benefit.

3.) Anyone use them here?

Link below!

Ventilators_Inner_Fender_Vents

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In the old days it would not have done anything but help the value at resale time. Now it all depends on who's buying and how you're representing.
As a modification to keep the heat down on a rig that the next owner is going to drive (especially if it stays in your region) then it's a value-added item if done right. A definite bonus.

If you're keeping it as close to stock as you can for future resale, and the person is looking for an original restoration, then I would imagine it would be less attractive to them.
At least it would not be a hard fix for someone that can work with sheet metal. Would be extra work but not something that would really kill the price.

In the meantime, if you're only thinking of a sale way down the road and want to enjoy it for a while yet, I say do it if you want to and not worry about the immediate value.
As long as you get the recommendations from others that makes you feel it's worth it from a performance standpoint that is.
Can't really rely on me to base your judgement on. I have a conflict of interest!

Paul

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I cut mine and I like it. We will see how much (if any) it helps to cool it down in there. One of my inner fenders got bent so I needed to fix it anyway. This was an easier route. Here are a couple pics before the old suspension lift came off.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0570.jpg
    IMG_0570.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 110

toddsrods

I vented mine, seemed to let some of the header heat out, but the best venting I have used is installing louvers in the hood. Ugly, but extremely functional.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I don't know how "showroom stock" your Bronco is but if you're running headers you're already no longer stock. Its now a restomod, and any well done performance modifications should be a plus. Go ahead and do it. And yes it helps tremendously, especially with headers. I don't even bother with the inserts, both of my Broncos have the entire inner fenders completely removed.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I don't think it's gonna hurt anything. Mods like that are good improvements.

good luck

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I owned a 75 that the PO bent about 5 to 6 inches of the rear inner fender outward to get more air flow I assumed.