• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ Classic Bronco run in Petersen's 4 Wheel and Off Road Mag

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The Arizona Classic Bronco run held early this year is featured in the latest issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel and Off Road magazine (Oct issue). Now on your newsstand. Several classic members' trucks are shown.

Todd Z.

bohntr28

Loc.
Mesa
I just got home from work and now I have to go back to the store and pick it up. Is the write up pretty good Todd?

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I just got home from work and now I have to go back to the store and pick it up. Is the write up pretty good Todd?

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good although they're always too short when they're something you're familiar with or involved in. You are in your own photo and caption!

Todd Z.

siderbox

Bronco Guru
I'll be getting that tomorrow.

Have you noticed how small that mag as gotten from ten to fifteen years ago?

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'll be getting that tomorrow.

Have you noticed how small that mag as gotten from ten to fifteen years ago?

Unfortunately that's how many magazines are today. I'm still old-school and enjoy reading printed materials.

Todd Z.

Mr Rags

Contributor
Well I was hoping for more than a one page article, and WOW we actually got three pages. It is pretty cool and I hope we will be able to do this again in the future.

Todd, should we e-mail Rick and tell him our event is the "Stampede" and it is held the 3rd weekend in March?

I do enjoy Bronco Daze though, and will be attending that event in early November.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Todd, should we e-mail Rick and tell him our event is the "Stampede" and it is held the 3rd weekend in March?

We should definitely email the mag and let them know of the Stampede so they can put it on their event calendar.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hey Todd, what did Mr. Rick "Flatfender" Pewe think about riding in your 69' and all the other EB's????:cool::cool::cool:

He made the comment to us several times that he was glad that he was on a run with a bunch of older, customized vehicles instead of "40 red JKs", to use his terminology :). He's also a fan of patina so he kept telling me not to paint mine. He's definitely Mr. Flatfender but he appreciates all of the older iron, particularly in today's late model, cookie-cutter environment.

I did use the opportunity, since he was trapped in my truck for most of the day, to pimp an old flatfender I owned (yeah, I like them too) that my buddy and I wanted to sell. We ended up selling it to him and the story of him and David Freiburger fixing it up and using it for their latest DED adventure is a story found elsewhere in the same issue.

Todd Z.

BanditBronco

Sweet!! I am excited I am gonna go run to the store and buy all the copies haha if anyone cant get one let me know if you pay for mailing I will send you one!!