• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop doors

Idaho Ben

I just started installing doors with a new top. Im non impressed with the doors at all. They look great but the gaps, door latches and the way the hinges attach make the inserts flex. Now im reading about the upper part opening at higher speeds? I haven't found a thread showing great solutions. Anybody?

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
I put some 1/4” thick by 2” wide aluminum flat stock on the back side of the inserts and through-bolted the hinges and latches. It’s pretty sturdy now. I also bent the top frames of the doors so that they are tight against the windshield frame and soft top. They bow out a little at highway speed but it’s not horrible.

OP
OP
Idaho Ben

Idaho Ben

I put some 1/4” thick by 2” wide aluminum flat stock on the back side of the inserts and through-bolted the hinges and latches. It’s pretty sturdy now. I also bent the top frames of the doors so that they are tight against the windshield frame and soft top. They bow out a little at highway speed but it’s not horrible.
Thanks. I’ll do that. I have some other ideas. Was hoping to learn from someone else’s mistakes LOL. I’m pretty disappointed in the gaps.