• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake valve mounting location, coyote

strebel

The stock location is much too close to the headers. Pic 1
33be829f104177b145c7acf415955ea3.jpg

I can move out towards the shock tower a bit but not sure if it will be in the way of the inner fender. Pic 2
0a90db09cc5479bb68c97b2d7a14cb27.jpg

Or I can move it towards the back of the vehicle, to the rear of the shock mount, but I’m not sure what normally goes in these holes at the moment. lol pic 3
0f129e2fc91d615838825c141a24445f.jpg

Finally, I could maybe mount this on the booster itself, or maybe the inner fender or firewall…

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
i'd mount it closer to the booster. what are the big name builders doing? copy and redeploy

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Even with the standard engines, that’s too close to headers.
There’s plenty of clearance with a stock exhaust manifold, but even regular headers get in the way of mounting it in the original location.
The two most common locations are bolted to the actual wheel well up high, or attached to the master cylinder and/or booster, either with a bracket, or just held in place by the hard lines.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can look on our website at the Moab setups, which should show it mounted to the master/Booster.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I did not use a bracket. I mounted mine to the side of the frame on the inside back a nit. Up high on the master may also work good.