• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco design half cab skin

widowmaker77

Contributor
So I’m thinking of running a half cab on my 66 I’m building. I have always wanted a half cab so I’m going to try it and see if I like it or or not. I have a top I’ve stored for probably 35 years now. Problem is the roof is in terrible shape and I’m tired of replacing/fabbing panels on this thing and just want to get it done. Has anyone ever used the bronco design roof skin that you just panel bond over the existing metal roof?? Any advice or opinions on this would be appreciated https://broncodesign.com/product/half-cab-roof-skin/

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I had their half cab top only. I used it on a trail rig. It was built real good. They make good stuff. call Cory and talk to him

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have used their half cab skin. I totally cut out the trashed metal skin. Reworked the rest of the half cab to get out all of the rust that hides in the seams. Then used the 2 part 3m body panel glue and bonded the fiberglass skin to the metal frame.

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
I have used their half cab skin. I totally cut out the trashed metal skin. Reworked the rest of the half cab to get out all of the rust that hides in the seams. Then used the 2 part 3m body panel glue and bonded the fiberglass skin to the metal frame.
Awesome! So how did it turn out looking? Do you have any pictures you could share?

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
After it was painted you couldn't tell by looking at it that it had a fiberglass skin on it. Click the link in my signature to my build thread. Some pics in post 283,294,320.

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
After it was painted you couldn't tell by looking at it that it had a fiberglass skin on it. Click the link in my signature to my build thread. Some pics in post 283,294,320.
Thanks for the info. I looked at your pics and it looks like it attaches to the existing drip rail?? If so the front one in one of my problem areas I will have to address first.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Correct it glues down in the same place the metal one was welded to.

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
I had their half cab top only. I used it on a trail rig. It was built real good. They make good stuff. call Cory and talk to him
Thanks! I emailed him this morning but haven’t gotten a reply yet.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Thanks! I emailed him this morning but haven’t gotten a reply yet.
They are very busy and a little short handed. If you can find what you want on the web site, I think you can order it there. Also Cory will respond to facebook