• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Fabricators - Tube Bender Question

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
What degree die and size dies do you use?

I was thinking 1.75 would be fine for most things but should I spend the extra dough for a 240 degree die?

I mainly plan on bending up tube front ends and cages for my broncos. Maybe a bumper or two as well. ;D

Also anyone use the Bend-Tech software? if so is it worth it?

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
You would want a 240 if you wanted to bend a 90 to 180 deg angle from what I understand. I would only see bends that far in a stinger on the front bumper or a few accessories. I am planning on getting the software when I get my bender just so I can see the pictures and play with my design before I actually stick tube in the bender.

Broncoholics

Loc.
Windsor, CO
Yes, you want the 240* die with the tighest radius you can get. I have 1.75", 1.5", and 1.25" dies with a 1" die on the way.

dustybronco

definately get the 240 you'll want it for the one time you need it. as far as the software it is real nice to have if you do a lot of different stuff. but if your doing one or two things you don't need it just write down your marks and measurements.

OP
OP
Tgure

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Broncoholics said:
Yes, you want the 240* die with the tighest radius you can get. I have 1.75", 1.5", and 1.25" dies with a 1" die on the way.

Where do you get your dies from? I need a Pro-Tools die and wondering if anywhere is cheaper than direct. Got a quote for $327 off Pirate

dezertchase

Loc.
phoenix
This is our (my brother and me) bender, that we turned a jd2 hand into a hydralic. We have a set of 1" , 1 1/2", 1 3/4", & 2" dies. All are 240 deg and the tightest radious that they came in. We also use the bend tech software and are getting ready to get the upgrade to 3d software. The software is nice to use for the shadtree fabricator. As it does the calculations for you. The bender is the best tool I have ever spent money on. Once your friends find out you have it. You will be thier best friend. Also we started a small fab buisness just to take advantage of the tax breaks and offset the price of the tools and hobbie. The chaserack in the back was made when it was a hand. it is a much better bender know that it is hydralic

Attachments

• PC170009.JPG
    PC170009.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 46
  • PC170010.JPG
    PC170010.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 35
  • PC170011.JPG
    PC170011.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 37
  • PC170012.JPG
    PC170012.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 39

RajinCajun

Bronco Guru
Loc.
HawleyTX, La orig.
I would say get the 240. I have a 1.75" - 240 degree, and a 2"- 120 degree. I have the 3D software and it is great....takes a little brain power and testing to get it calibrated and set up...but after that, all you do is plug in your measurements and get to bending.. We have only screwed up one bent, and didn't waste is, we used it on another project...

One note, for cages in rigs over 5k, they reccommend 2", ours is just under that so 1-3/4" is fine.. I just got a good deal on the 2" I am using so we got a die to use 2"...

I get all my bender dies etc from www.xtremecrawlers.com Keith is great to deal with and made me a GREAT deal on the bender, die, degree ring, industrial notcher, and software..

Click up a few albums in here to see our projects.. The one in the Heep was our first, and my Bronco cage is in there too..
http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/ohv/album223