• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech vs Painless wiring diagrams

brattwurzt

Loc.
Baltimore
Hi, I am wondering if anyone on here has complete wiring diagrams for Centech and Painless? I believe I read on other threads that Centech does not have one, but I'm just checking. I have a hard time installing a harness without one. Running down electrical issues without one must be a pain.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I installed the Centech. Actually, every wire has what it does stenciled along the wire, so later it shouldn't be a big deal troubleshooting. And there aren't that many circuits anyway. Not like you are dealing with any fancy sensors if you are a stock truck. Plus, once you've rebuilt your whole truck there isn't much you won't know about it, so troubleshooting later won't be bad. Just my feeling on it.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I thought the wires in the painless were the same colors as factory? Or am I mistaken?

I plan to go with the Painless kit at some point.

Tim

OP
OP
brattwurzt

brattwurzt

Loc.
Baltimore
Yea, I have both manuals. I was hoping for the full diagram like I have for the original. Not sure what so "top secret" with the Centech harness that they don't have a diagram, or is it just laziness?

OP
OP
brattwurzt

brattwurzt

Loc.
Baltimore
I thought the wires in the painless were the same colors as factory? Or am I mistaken?

I plan to go with the Painless kit at some point.

Tim

They are, but obviously they want from the 5 original circuits to 28, so a lot changed.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
There's nothing 'top secret' about anything with the Centech harness, it mirrors the stock harness almost exactly other than color and a few more wires. They are all labeled ever couple of inches as to what they are. Once you lay out the harness, it's very obvious where everything goes if you've ever run wires before.

Personally in I'd go with a Centech over a Painless. I've installed both and I'm frankly not impressed with Painless enough to pay double what other harness cost. I've build several high dollar custom cars and I've never had anyone ask about brake lines, wiring harnesses or anything ignition related...