• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Champion 4 core mounts

Colliedog3

Loc.
Waxhaw NC
I have a champion 4 core radiator and the factory mounts are way too small. Who has the champion 4 core and what mounts are you running?

FFbronco8

I just bought a champion 4 core for a 5.0 swap. Ordered 4 core mounts from BC. To small. Not close to working. Ordered 4 core rubbers off eBay to go in mounts that I was going to make. To small. Haven’t found anything that will work. Thinking about welding tabs to the sides of the radiator and bolting it to the core support with rubber insulators. Saw it done on a post somewhere. I’ll be following to see what you find. Good luck

OP
OP
Colliedog3

Colliedog3

Loc.
Waxhaw NC
I just bought a champion 4 core for a 5.0 swap. Ordered 4 core mounts from BC. To small. Not close to working. Ordered 4 core rubbers off eBay to go in mounts that I was going to make. To small. Haven’t found anything that will work. Thinking about welding tabs to the sides of the radiator and bolting it to the core support with rubber insulators. Saw it done on a post somewhere. I’ll be following to see what you find. Good luck

Sounds good! I’ll definitely post whatever I end up doing on here.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
James Duff old school 4 core mounts on my Champion
rad with rubber bushings. Fits great.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is yours a 4-row Champion too then? Or one of their 2, or 3-row versions?
Got a pic of yours Colliedog, so we can get a visual on the difference between the tanks and the mounts?

Paul

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Following this thread as I've got a champion aluminum rad to go in my build. Will have to go look at box when I get out of hospital to see if a 3 or 4 core. Had zero idea there was a fitment issue. ��
Randy

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Following this thread as I've got a champion aluminum rad to go in my build. Will have to go look at box when I get out of hospital to see if a 3 or 4 core. Had zero idea there was a fitment issue. ��
Randy

There will not be a fitment issue. Remarkably they fit really well and accept the factory shroud with minimal modification. I really like the version I got that has the inlets/outlets reversed to work with my Explorer serpentine system.
I used my Duff 4 core brackets with rubber insulators on my 3 core Champ rad with excellent results. You do not want to mount an aluminum rad too rigidly anyway. They will crack where copper/brass will flex. So a loose mount with rubber insulators seem to work best.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
There will not be a fitment issue. Remarkably they fit really well and accept the factory shroud with minimal modification. I really like the version I got that has the inlets/outlets reversed to work with my Explorer serpentine system.
I used my Duff 4 core brackets with rubber insulators on my 3 core Champ rad with excellent results. You do not want to mount an aluminum rad too rigidly anyway. They will crack where copper/brass will flex. So a loose mount with rubber insulators seem to work best.

Good news to hear and thanks! I'm not planning on getting off in places that will flex the supports too much...broke way too many things on the EB I had before.
Randy

ejdearma

Early Bronco 4 Row Radiator Brackets

"Catfan" makes a nice set of brackets for the Champion 4 core radiator. They are well made, with thicker metal than the ones available on the market today. If you need some private message him. They fit without modifications.

Last edited:

catfan

Contributor
"Catfan" makes a nice set of brackets for the Champion 4 core radiator. They are well made, with thicker metal than the ones available on the market today. If you need some private message him. They fit without modifications.
Thank you for the feedback, I haven't listed them yet but plan to.

destroyer000

i ran into this exact issue. i ended up taking the stock 3 core lower mounts and opened the ears up on the metal a little and this allowed the lower radiator to fit decent.. on the upper i ended up welding some alum angle and made my own mounts on the top and it fit closer to the core support and allowed some more room between my fan an shroud