• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cheap rear disc brakes any ideas how too?

broncoinsane

Loc.
southeren michigan
ok im a cheapskate did front ch@#y conversion for under $300.now i want disc in the rear as well,any articles with part numbers and how too's? ???
not really a cheapskate but like too stretch my dollar billlllls,kids gota eat too.... ;D

bpatton74

Loc.
Alamogordo, NM
I can't remember exactly but here it goes:
80-86 J**P CJ-7 rotors $37 ea
82 Monte Carlo calipers $14 ea
82 Monte Carlo pads $12 set
Brake hose #CA-5601 $16
Banjo Bolts $2 ea (2 needed)
Caliper Bolt $2 ea (4 needed)
Ford 9in metric caliper brackets about $30 (eBay)

This is something that was posted a while ago, I updated the $$$ with the Autozone web site. I am not sure how this works but it is the one I am going to attempt. ;D

67ster

Bronco Guru
There is a link on this . He used the Heep rotors and Cad Seville calipers for the E-brake feature . On our old class 8 racer , we used F100 4x4 rotors , GM intermediate calipers and I hacked some weld on brackets out of GM 4x4 front caliper brackets , the big round , stamped steel ones .