• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did you buy a 70 or a red 74 explorer from mi/oh?

halfgassed

Loc.
marquette Michigan
Hey guys and gals, been a while since I was active but ive been lurking the classifieds for the last few weeks. My wife is still.mad I sold our broncos and wants me to get another.
Long story short it would be sweet to find one of our old broncos.

I sold 3 broncos and a craploas of parts to a guy who lived on the michigan/Ohio border around 13 years ago he sold them both shortly after. I was able to track him down and the only contact info on one of them went cold.

Here's the story on the 1st one.
1970 wagon, I had a 5.5 lift in it, 302, 3spd, mini spool in the rear, chevy disk swap on a 44 front. Probably had some homemade cheesy half doors. I had painted it florescent green with white and yellow flames( I'm sure it got repainted). It was a wheeler and beat hard. I talked to the last known owner, his name was carlo, he said he sold it to a dad for a father/son project along with a different tub around 7 years ago.

The next one was a 1974 explorer, red, with red houndstooth interior, 302/c4/power steering. Only had around 30,000 original miles. He doesn't recall where or who he sold it to.

Any help would be appreciated but I know I'm searching for a needle in a hay stack. Even if not for sale it would be cool to hear/see what happened to either.
Thanks
Matt

Last edited:

McLeod

Post # 10 in that thread you linked cracks me up.
How far prices have come since 2005.......

We are living in the "everything bubble" now :cool:

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
An interesting request and search like this would have a much better chance of getting some responses if you posted pics of the different trucks.

OP
OP
H

halfgassed

Loc.
marquette Michigan
Yeah no kidding on prices, when I was into them the first time I bet I had drug home 10 of them for parts rigs paying less than a 30 pack of Busch light each. Even some of my better ones were only $500. Amazing were prices are 18 years later.
I wish I had pics to post or even to reminisce.