• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does this belong to someone here? Eagan, Minnesota

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've looked @ it

Pro's
Price
Drive line

Con's
textured green paint
rotten windshield frame
textured green paint

I couldn't get past the body

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Took pics.... I'll post them after work-

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm guessing there is rust under the textured paint......... if it's in the window frame. Lots of sanding ahead for someone.... although you've peeked my interest once again :D

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 41
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010023.JPG
    P1010023.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010026.JPG
    P1010026.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P1010028.JPG
    P1010028.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 26

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
That's a special kind of previous owner redneckery right there. Some one will buy it though.

OP
OP
helo-mech

helo-mech

Are you a Twin Dolphin Mechanic?

Not sure what you mean by "Twin Dolphin"? If you are refering to two engines, then yes. The Coast Guard stopped flying single engine A/C in about the mid 80's. They didnt serve much purpose when they flame out 150 miles off shore in the middle of the night. Although we have crashed quite a few of our Twin Engine planes as well.

Come to think of it....I think all of the Dolphins that Eurocopter makes have two engines. They have a bunch of smaller planes that only have one Turbomeca Engine though.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I wanted to be in the coast guard for a long time and I thought the name of the heilcopter was the HH-65 Twin Dolphin. Saw your avatar and I thought that was cool.

OP
OP
helo-mech

helo-mech

Thanks. Im trying to remeber exactly where I have seen yours ( I wanted to sya it had something to do with ROTC). I spent a little time in the Army prioring to getting into the Coast Guard. Love the flying in the Gaurd much better. If you are still interested in the Coast Guard let me know. I will try to steer you in the right direction and let you know if the recruiters are telling the truth or not.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Yep, thats Army ROTC. I just signed for a 4 year full ride scholarship to Arizona State University. I do still want to be in the Coast Guard, maybe after I fullfill my 4 years after college. I stopped talking to CG recruiters a while ago, they didnt know much about the helicopters or being an officer. Thanks!

-John

OP
OP
helo-mech

helo-mech

Yeah they don't know much about it at all. Thats because if they get you in as an officer it doesn't count torwards their quotas. I can tell you that most of our best pilots are Ex-Army pilots. Im not sure how it still works but, are you garunteed a commision by going thru ROTC? I dont think the Army has many commisioned pilots. Most of theirs are Warrents right? Anyway....do your 4 and jump the fence, even if you are not a pilot in the Army. It will be worth it. After you get your DCA (direct commision acceptence) you can apply for Flight School in the Coast Guard. Just make sure you are not 29 or older. If you can get to flight school in the Army first you are pretty much guaranteed to get picked up by the Coast Guard. You then would only have to go to a refresher course (learn how to fly our A/C)