• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door gap and weather stripping

jake2077

Hey guys, I am getting ready to go on my first longer than 4 mile trip and thought I'd try and seal up the air gaps around the doors. Well I purchased the weather stripping and did a test fit only to notice the WIDE variance from the B pillar to the rocker panel and up the A pillar (see pictures). The doors are sitting well and can close fairly good so I don't think there are any adjustments there to be made. I'm wondering is it bad if I were to gently massage the lip where the weather strip would attach near the B pillar side as it's the most affected. Looking for ideas/feedback. Thanks!

snowymtnwolf

Maybe try another strip of weather stripping that is found at Home Depot. Kinda like what they use on truck caps and people also use around the house.

It comes in various thickness and width. And cheap.

I used because I had game between hardtop and tailgate. Provided me with a smidge of filler to cut Down on wind.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk