• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door opening & closing issues

kmfthea

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
Just a few days ago a friend was trying to get out of the passenger side of my 71 Bronco and when she pulled the handle nothing happened. I played with the lock on the inside of the door, pulling it up and down a few times, and then it opened. Today my driver side door wouldn't remain shut when I closed it. It simply bounced back open. When I pushed the handle in on the door the thumb push got stuck in and the door still would not remain shut. After pulling the lock up and down a few times and pulling the latch on the inside of the door to exit a few times the thumb push on the exterior handle popped back out and I was able to close the door. Can someone please tell me how I go about fixing this? Do I need to take the door panel off and do some greasing?

Thanks

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Mine had a bolt come loose inside & dropped something down.
I've been into a dozen & even I was sure I was about to start spending money.
SO ONE Sunday evening I pulled the door panel off & got myself a bucket to set on & started looking ... I put the part back together .. It worked .. But I started cleaning with brake clean. Then I put on several helpings of spray lubs. Shut & opened the door multiple times. Then I did the same for the window roll up ..
.... Wow I was amazed at how well it rolled up & down & open & shut . My wife could even open it with her bad thumbs.
... So the next weekend I did the other door. Amazing what a little cleaning & lube will do.