• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early and Late Style Air Cleaners?

Dave K.

See photo. Different intake, cover etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 64

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I saved this from another thread ....

66-69 were painted black with the snorkel pointed towards the back and had a hose going to the drivers side oil cap to provide clean air for the pcv.

1970 was blue with the snorkel pointed towards the front and had the same hose going to the drivers side oil cap.

71-72 was the same as 1970 with clean air pcv hose switched to the passenger side.

73-77 were the blue ones with the snorkel pointed off to the side and attached to the cold air tube. The 73 & 74's pretty much didn't have any holes in the area where the filter sits for emissions stuff. The 75-77's had one or two holes in the filter area for emissions related stuff. Finally the 77, the top of the filter didn't have that concave area at the point where the snorkel attaches too.

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
I saved this from another thread ....

66-69 were painted black with the snorkel pointed towards the back and had a hose going to the drivers side oil cap to provide clean air for the pcv.

1970 was blue with the snorkel pointed towards the front and had the same hose going to the drivers side oil cap.

71-72 was the same as 1970 with clean air pcv hose switched to the passenger side.

73-77 were the blue ones with the snorkel pointed off to the side and attached to the cold air tube. The 73 & 74's pretty much didn't have any holes in the area where the filter sits for emissions stuff. The 75-77's had one or two holes in the filter area for emissions related stuff. Finally the 77, the top of the filter didn't have that concave area at the point where the snorkel attaches too.

Good info, Thanks Halfcab. I was wondering about the other years myself

turbotim2

The 77's had a unique one where the ribs on the top were shorter. The one in the picture on the left may be a 77.