• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Easy question of the day oil pan drain size?

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
So I have my new BCB 2 in 1 exhaust and love it. First oil change time and realize I can now longer get a socket on it due to pipes clearance. So I need a wrench to fit the stock drain plug - not 13/16". Which size do I need to go buy the fancy ratcheting wrench in?

Thanks for the help!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Do you have a set of open ended wrenches? See what size fits and get that size in the fancy wrench.

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
That's the problem. Don't have an open ended that fits to compare. Almost seems metric

bushman

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
Got a ruler? Tape measure? Calipers? Outside mic? Wife got a tape in her sewing kit?

If you don't have a wrench that fits it…I'm afraid you don't have enough tools!

OP
OP
g8rb8t

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Looks like the winner is 22 mm. 15/16" just a little big. Agree not enough tools;)

boss

Loc.
Pittsburgh
I just went thru a similar situation and bought a 7/8 " open end box wrench will fit the OME oil pan drain plug. .