• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

electrical question.

MikeKC130J

Contributor
I’m looking for a keyed power source, from either of the pictured stock connectors.

Attachments

• EB615853-FD12-412B-A776-7ADED15A5E66.jpg
    EB615853-FD12-412B-A776-7ADED15A5E66.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 68
  • C173CF96-9D47-4BB6-8AF6-FED9F72B55B1.jpg
    C173CF96-9D47-4BB6-8AF6-FED9F72B55B1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 61

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Without knowing AT LEAST what year Bronco you're working on, it's hard to give you good advice. The more we know about the truck, the more-relevant our suggestions can be. Put all the details into your signature so we can review them with each reply.

There are very few keyed circuits available, and their suitability for modification depends on exactly what you want to splice into them. So again: the more you tell us, the better responses you'll get.

Click this, read the caption, and the NEXT dozen:

(phone app link)

68Broncoz

Contributor
Also if you are looking for key on only or key on and start.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And will the stock connectors still be doing their original jobs? Or are they currently unused for anything else?

I agree with the others, and if you're going to be using either of these to power your aux fuse panel, you'll want them to trigger a relay instead. Maybe that's what you have planned, but it deserves mentioning.
And do you want them hot in ACC as well?

In the first pic the red 3-wire connector should have a Red w/green wire. This is the resistor wire for the coil. It might show 12v initially and under very little load (such as a test lamp or volt-meter) but will soon go down to nearer 9v instead.
But it's hot in ON and START only. Not in ACC. It can be used to trigger a relay.

The round tubular connector is possibly for the Anti-Dieseling Solenoid, which you obviously no longer have use for. It is 12v in ON, but not sure about ACC

The Green w/red wire in your second pic was from the old regulator and is also 12v in ON and START, but not ACC. If you're running a modern alternator this is a good source for a computer signal.

If you want something that is hot when the key is in the ON and ACC positions, but not in START, check the round connector in the first pic.

Paul

OP
OP
MikeKC130J

MikeKC130J

Contributor
Without knowing AT LEAST what year Bronco you're working on, it's hard to give you good advice. The more we know about the truck, the more-relevant our suggestions can be. Put all the details into your signature so we can review them with each reply.

There are very few keyed circuits available, and their suitability for modification depends on exactly what you want to splice into them. So again: the more you tell us, the better responses you'll get.

Click this, read the caption, and the NEXT dozen:

(phone app link)

And will the stock connectors still be doing their

Paul

Okay sorry I have a 71 bronco, the plugs on the fire wall will be used so the Gages work. I am looking for a 12v supply while in the start and run position required by the pro flo 4 system.
Thanks. I should have been more specific with my original post.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a 71 bronco, the plugs on the fire wall will be used so the Gages work.

Will the sniper be controlling the ignition too? If so then you won't need the Red w/green wire anymore, so this can be used for your purpose if you install a relay in between. (because it's not 12v all the time)

I am looking for a 12v supply while in the start and run position required by the pro flo 4 system.

Normally the only two wires on the truck that have what you need are the previously mentioned Red w/green wire, and the Green w/red wire over on the passenger side for the old regulator.

But you can also test that round connector (is it a Black w/blue, or Blue w/black wire by any chance?) and see if it has power in START also.
I've never tested it and forget where it gets it's power.

Paul