• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical woes, loose steering column harness & bad horn?

ric9469

Loc.
Orinda, CA
Can't seem to get the electrical gremlins fully exorcised from my '72. It's got a Centech harness and all of the wires in the stock steering column connector or pulling out. Anyone know a simple fix to get them to stay in and connected? Also, I can't track down the short in my horn circuit. All wiring seems good, no cuts, abrasions, or crimps. But as soon as I press the horn button the fuse blows. Any thoughts? TIA.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
Thoughts? Well I'm thinking possibly the retaining tabs are bent inward. That can happen when people remove them from the connector and forget to bend them back out before reinstalling. Take something skinny and flat like a razor blade and bend them out a bit. That will make them snap in when inserting into the connector. I wish I had a picture for clarity but I don't. Let me know if this makes sense or not.

OP
OP
ric9469

ric9469

Loc.
Orinda, CA
Tks for reply SeaBiscuit. Yes it makes sense, I'll check it out tonight. Also, I think I may have a bad horn relay so I'll check that as well.