• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine/Tranny/tcase installation order

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But why mess with the transmission/t-case? Why not just swap the engine?

? Did you read this thread?

This entire post is about that. I was just posting my pull this weekend. Everyone like to do it differently

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT
? Did you read this thread?

This entire post is about that. I was just posting my pull this weekend. Everyone like to do it differently

Yes I did read the thread, and if someone is planning on rebuilding/resealing everything it makes sense to pull everything out, whether individually or all at once depending on tools, equipment and personal preference.

But I am still confused why you would pull everything at once to simply swap an engine. If all someone needs to do is change an engine there is no need to pull everything else out. IMO that is misleading to someone who has never attempted an engine change before.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That is the point of this post! Opinions on whether the pull as a unit or just the engine. My opinion is that the whole unit is easier. As also mentioned by others, I feel it is easier to put it all together on the bench and drop it in. Your opinion is the opposite. Cool, thanks.

OP
OP
theshadow

theshadow

Planning my installation for the drivetrain, and wondering what the most logical order of installation is with the body on?

Specifically a 5.0 block, 4R70W, and Dana 20.

Using Tom's crossmember and JBFab twin stick.

Engine with tranny together, then tcase?

Engine alone, and tranny/tcase together from below?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
This

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
That is the point of this post! Opinions on whether the pull as a unit or just the engine. My opinion is that the whole unit is easier. As also mentioned by others, I feel it is easier to put it all together on the bench and drop it in. Your opinion is the opposite. Cool, thanks.

Why don't you simply answer the question he's asking you?

Seventee

Contributor
Loc.
In the sticks of MT

I can't possibly understand how pulling everything as opposed to just the engine is somehow easier for a simple engine swap. A lot of unnecessary work laying under the truck IMO and why I posed the question in the first place.