• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust HELP ZF-NP205 HOW???

Slick67

😓😓😓😓😓😓
Soooo, passenger side👍

Driver’s side?!?! 😳 WTH

ONLY way to cope was to bend the pipe over / below the case?!?!?
🤦‍♂️

FYI- it’s a 2” body lift, 351, zf5, np205… with an aux fuel tank. ***switching TO duff's shorty headers.

You are all hunky dory on the passenger side. But the output yoke on the driver side is exactly where the pipe needs to go🤷‍♂️
I am at a loss.

How have you all seen it done?

HELP!

Contributor
I have not done the exhaust yet, but I plan to not have the aux fuel tank and then have the “y” pipe crossover right under the tail housing of the trans between the t case.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
351W, 1 inch BL 2.5 SL, M5ODR2 and D20.......Yeah exhaust is a pain. I ran mine under the Tcase (no skid plate) as a temp solution and now 2 years later it's still ran that way. Plan was to cross to P side then once clear of everything cross back over to D side, Just haven't gotten around to it. Too many other Toys and projects.

Tim

OP
OP
S

Slick67

LoL if I knew how to post a pic, I’d show you how it is now…
🤢
Passenger side-👌 driver’s goes over the T case and hangs down like 4” under the lowest part of the frame….

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
How did you join them?
Like before the firewall? Or just under the bell?
Previously I kept them as true duals all the way out the back, dumping on the ground just after the rear axle.... don't do that lol. It stained the driveway and blew dust everywhere. Now I have both merging into a 2 into 1 muffler just behind the passenger seat.
Oh
Are any specific shorty headers preferred? Or will pretty much any work with this set-up?

BTW, THANK YOU!
I have Sanderson shorties, they work well but I think most shorty headers would work for what you're doing. I had long tubes before, but with where the transfer case output is for the front axle you cant run long tubes https://sandersonheaders.com/product/ff7-small-block-ford-bronco-header-set/

I can take some pictures tonight if you need them

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
That I can't answer. I know the Sanderson's work with 351W, 1 inch BL 2.5 SL, M5ODR2 and D20

Tim

OP
OP
S

Slick67

I'd call duff and see what they've got to say
Ha!

They were not sure! The zf5 AND the np205 threw ‘em a lil curve. Your link was more help.

Sounds like maybe the o2 sensor port is supposed to be facing down, was their only feedback.

But I’m buying their whole stainless kit with the ceramic shorties… knock on wood, it SOUNDS like it should fit with minimal mods.

bsquared

Contributor
I ran mine around the 205 and under the frame. Made a brace for each side out of some 3" angle iron and then built a custom skid plate to protect the exhaust pipe and my on board air tank. ( where aux gas tank goes) It ain't pretty, but I do wheel my Bronco and haven't had any issues yet. I now have EFI with an intank pump, so the Carter fuel pump is no longer on the pass side. Good luck with your new stuff coming in!

Attachments

• NakedExhaust.JPG
    NakedExhaust.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DriverSideFuelPump.jpg
    DriverSideFuelPump.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DriverFuelPumpMove.jpg
    DriverFuelPumpMove.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 4EngineBay.jpg
    4EngineBay.jpg