• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

exhaust run outside the frame

claytargethntr

Loc.
winter az/co
I have noticed saddleup has exhaust on the outside of the frame rails. anybody else? any pics? kind of kicking that idea around

claytargethntr

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Funny you mentioned mine as the title caught my eye. Mine works out nicely with my setup. Items that specifically make it work well are.
1: 5.8/351W motor which put's the manifold higher about the frame rails.
2: 3" Body lift which gives more space between the frame and body. (No longer an issue since I have a large portion of the inner fenders removed)
3: Stock Mustang Shorty headers. (Already pointed somewhat at the frame rails)
4: I removed my auxilary gas tank and now run a BC 24 gallon tank.
5: It was run that way specifically to avoid routing it around the larger tranny and doubler setup underneath. (There is no way it could be run between the transfer case and frame on the drivers side)

Not sure which pictures you saw so here are some specifically of the exhaust taken right after I had it installed.

Attachments

• DrvExh1.jpg
    DrvExh1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 117
  • PassExh4.jpg
    PassExh4.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 85
  • PassExh3.jpg
    PassExh3.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 82
  • PassExh2.jpg
    PassExh2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 78
  • PassExh1.jpg
    PassExh1.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DrvExh3.jpg
    DrvExh3.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 103
  • DrvExh2.jpg
    DrvExh2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 98

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm partially outside of the frame, to keep it out of the way of the rearend and the passenger side rear spring. The body lift made things a lot easier:

Attachments

• IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
C

claytargethntr

Loc.
winter az/co
thanks for the pics and info. Saddleup I am similar to you in this other than i dont have a body lift. and have not yet purchased headers. Thinking I may be able to run it out between the front fenders and floor pans. then down the outside and exit out through the front of the rear wheelwell cut out. I still have full rockers and am not sure if the muffler will be fully hidden up and under there.

thanks again

claytargethntr

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
My exhaust is going to be insanely loud because I have fenderwell headers, which put the exhast outside the frame, and I'm dumping the exhaust right in front of the rear tires. That's one short exhaust system. ;D

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
claytargethntr said:
thanks for the pics and info. Saddleup I am similar to you in this other than i dont have a body lift. and have not yet purchased headers. Thinking I may be able to run it out between the front fenders and floor pans. then down the outside and exit out through the front of the rear wheelwell cut out. I still have full rockers and am not sure if the muffler will be fully hidden up and under there.

thanks again

claytargethntr
It may be a little tighter getting it through by the inner fender unless you trim a little. (If you do then it shouldn't be an issue) I would run the extra to get it over the tires and out behind them instead though. You can't get much better than that as an exit area since it is an area that seldom will get hung up on anything. (I've seen exhaust pipes ripped loose that were in front of the tires) it will also be quieter inside that way as well.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
BroncoMark said:
My exhaust is going to be insanely loud because I have fenderwell headers, which put the exhast outside the frame, and I'm dumping the exhaust right in front of the rear tires. That's one short exhaust system. ;D
Got any pics of the fenderwell headers? Please post..