• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

feedback on Corbeau 3 point retractable seatbelts

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
I've had them for quite a few years, mostly off-roading.

In general I have been happy with them BUT just to let you know I wouldnt expect the re-tractor to work like a new car. I ended up just locking it out and using it like a normal harness, negating the whole benefit of having them....oh well...

sstclair

Same here, running them several years. I was hoping for a belt particularly for the passenger seat that my wife could use then the grand kids. It's a chore to adjust that far on the lap part. The top doesn't slide particularly well through the seat so I usually get asked to pulll it back in for them. As a retractable they're not that hot, as a 4 point they're OK, Overall they are probably as good as it gets for my needs.

OP
OP
nik

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
Thanks for the responses guys. So how does it mount exactly and i'm assuming both straps go over each shoulder? Also what kind of seats are you guys running?

malonejy

Bronco Guru
nik,

I tried them out for my kids but found out they were to small for harnesses. Shoot me a PM if you want a good deal for a set. They may be a little dusty, but are essentially new. I'll give you two for the price of one.

James

kancox

I was just going to order a pair, so are you guys saying they don't lock up like oem or they don't retract well?

malonejy

Bronco Guru
They don't retract as well as they could. If you're pulling them through fabric, they have a hard time retracting. If it's an open cutaway, or over the top of the seat, they should be fine.

My biggest concern was I bought them for the kids, but the kids were to small and it was easier just stick with the lap belts.

If nik doesn't respond to my offer, the same applies to you. Two for the price of one. Someone let me know or I will post them in the sale section. This post reminded me that they were sitting in the garage or else I would sold them before now.

Squid

Loc.
San Diego
I have just installed mine and they retract and lock great. I also have an 09 F250 and in my opion they don't feel any different. Have them with the Baja RS seats.

Jim

sstclair

Thanks for the responses guys. So how does it mount exactly and i'm assuming both straps go over each shoulder? Also what kind of seats are you guys running?
Mine are in Baja SS seats that have a single center slot. I have a horizontal bar behind the seats that the belt slides over with the retractor mounted on the floor.

-Steve

OP
OP
nik

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
Awesome! Thats what I wanted to hear! I just got a set of those seats. How far down behind the seats did you mount the belt??

Nik

I have just installed mine and they retract and lock great. I also have an 09 F250 and in my opion they don't feel any different. Have them with the Baja RS seats.

Jim

Squid

Loc.
San Diego
The bottom connection is about a foot off of the floor and the upper is at shoulder height. I can take a picture a post tomorrow.

Jim

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Nik,

Seatbelts are on their way. Nice doing business with you.

James

Squid

Loc.
San Diego
Here is the picture of how we connected ours. I am not happy with the way we have the piece on the drivers right side connected so we will be drilling a new hole for that, but they lock fast and look good so overall very happy.

Attachments

• P7270168.jpg
    P7270168.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 36
  • P7270167.jpg
    P7270167.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 32