• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Foxbody ECU Code Updates

decipha

Loc.
New Orleans
I find it amazing how 34 years later we are still updating the code for the foxbody ecu's.

Latest and greatest A9L2 base tune, gufx xdf and datalogging adx for tunerpro posted.
As always the custom tuning software and tunes / support are free.

Most notably you can now have much more refined dashpot control, simplified iscdc base target control, an actual failed load table and much improved idle spark control amongst others improvements. This is tremendous for those with swaps that do not have a functioning vss or neutral clutch switch / NDS input.

/enjoy

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I have an '87 mustang 5.0L that a previous PO installed and I don't know much about it - I have a trickflow intake on it but other than that, don't know much about it. how do I find out what I'm running as far as computer - do I need to pull the box out from under the dash? Running a clutch with an Atlas II and a NV3550 as well...

Attachments

• 20200425_232037.jpg
    20200425_232037.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 12

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
I have an '87 mustang 5.0L that a previous PO installed and I don't know much about it - I have a trickflow intake on it but other than that, don't know much about it. how do I find out what I'm running as far as computer - do I need to pull the box out from under the dash? Running a clutch with an Atlas II and a NV3550 as well...
It might be possible to see what you have without removing it, depending on how it's mounted. The catch code will be in large print on the identifying sticker: A9L, A9P, A9M, etc. If you can't see it without removing the ECU, you will have to remove it. But if your engine is running fine, there's really no need unless you want to optimize the tune. Beware, very large rabbit hole...

BanditBronco

If you can tell from how it is mounted, you can also look on the back of the computer, opposite the plug, the case should be cut out with a little "micro chip" looking thing coming out of it, a lot of times the tuners tape over them to try and keep them clean also. That will tell you if the computer has ever been tuned or not. If it isn't cut out, it hasn't been tuned and is running as if it were stock.