• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front axle question

edones06

Can anyone please tell me what the caster should be set at? Im going thu my front suspension and just make certain its correct. Thanks

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Do you have power steering? if so 4-6 degrees is good with more being better. If you have manual steering its lower like 2 degrees but Id use more and do a power steering swap. Unfortunetly broncos came with very little caster and even 6 degree bushings sometimes dont get you where you need to be.

OP
OP
edones06

edones06

Yes i have power steering and hydo assit. It drive nice before i took it all apart. I forgot to mesure it before i took it all apart. Im building radius arms so thanks for the help

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The problem will be, when you get to the ideal caster, 8-9 degrees, your front pinion will be pointing at the ground. Cutting and turning the yokes is the only way to achieve both.

Mark