• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front end alignment help

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would not have been a full size, because you wouldn’t have been able to cut enough out.
But it could have been a conversion tie rod for a 76/77 bronco, which is just slightly wider.
Cutting that down should work and shouldn’t cause any issue. As you have already found.

But the draglink for the two different styles should not be enough different to cause the struggle. Not that I would think anyway.
That’s why I was asking about the steering, in case you had a gearbox that was mounted inside the frame or something.
Which also doesn’t seem likely, because I think you would have to cut far too much out of the drag link and there just isn’t that much available to cut.
So yeah, I’m a little off kilter on what could actually be the issue here. That’s why pictures would be great.

Also the axle being off center from the lift could do a little, but if anything that would’ve made the distance farther, and therefore less likely to need trimming of the draglink.
So I’m not really sure. But if there’s room to cut and still have good thread engagement, it should not cause trouble either.
Still… it would not hurt to call us up and get some comparison measurements to first make sure you got the correct parts.
And then to make sure you have compatible bits and pieces on your Bronco.

Which makes posting up some pictures here very helpful.

OP
OP
74bronk

74bronk

Contributor
Would not have been a full size, because you wouldn’t have been able to cut enough out.
But it could have been a conversion tie rod for a 76/77 bronco, which is just slightly wider.
Cutting that down should work and shouldn’t cause any issue. As you have already found.

But the draglink for the two different styles should not be enough different to cause the struggle. Not that I would think anyway.
That’s why I was asking about the steering, in case you had a gearbox that was mounted inside the frame or something.
Which also doesn’t seem likely, because I think you would have to cut far too much out of the drag link and there just isn’t that much available to cut.
So yeah, I’m a little off kilter on what could actually be the issue here. That’s why pictures would be great.

Also the axle being off center from the lift could do a little, but if anything that would’ve made the distance farther, and therefore less likely to need trimming of the draglink.
So I’m not really sure. But if there’s room to cut and still have good thread engagement, it should not cause trouble either.
Still… it would not hurt to call us up and get some comparison measurements to first make sure you got the correct parts.

I’m working on becoming a paying member so I can post pics

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like you got it done. I was gonna say you can email them to me and then I can post them up for you until you become a contributor. But it looks like you are way ahead of this slow poke!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looks like you got it done. I was gonna say you can email them to me and then I can post them up for you until you become a contributor. But it looks like you are way ahead of this slow poke!

he done fingered it out old man :D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

And post more updates, pics as you figure stuff out :)