• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fuel pump wiring and code 96

Dannyboy71

Having some idling issues and motor shutting off after about 10 mins of driving. Still has power to the radio, lights, ect, but just quits no sputtering or acting like its running out of fuel just stops. Then its hard to start back up although it does start again and acts like it doesn't want to idle. Its a 351 with an a9p and new rjm harness, centec body harness and an opti shift controller. When I pull codes I get 15 and a 96. 15 could be from disconnecting the battery correct? and 96 is secondary fuel pump circut somthing :p. The rjm engine harness has one pink wire that goes to the fuel pump which is connected to positive and negative is grounded to the frame is that right? what should I look at? Any help is appreciated thanks.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
We need to know a LOT more about how this thing is built. You also need to research code definitions and post the COMPLETE definition for EACH code; "pump circuit something" doesn't cut it, unless you want answers like "something is wrong". GIGO %)

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
ODBI code 96 Fuel pump monitor circuit shows no power – Power / Fuel Pump Circuits

ODBI code 15 No Keep Alive Memory power to PCM pin 1 or bad PCM (Memory Test Failure)

Tim

OP
OP
D

Dannyboy71

We need to know a LOT more about how this thing is built. You also need to research code definitions and post the COMPLETE definition for EACH code; "pump circuit something" doesn't cut it, unless you want answers like "something is wrong". GIGO %)

96- Fuel pump secondary circuit failure
15-ecg memory failure.
Quoted from rjm harness manual.

OP
OP
D

Dannyboy71

ODBI code 96 Fuel pump monitor circuit shows no power – Power / Fuel Pump Circuits

ODBI code 15 No Keep Alive Memory power to PCM pin 1 or bad PCM (Memory Test Failure)

Tim

Tim,
When I turn the key I can hear the fuel pump turn on. Does my wiring sound correct?

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Sounds like you're losing power at some point after startup.

Could be heat related or a bad connection. Check the relay's and power leads to the rely's.

Tim

OP
OP
D

Dannyboy71

Want to bring this back up from the dead. I finally fixed the problem. After a lot of searching on the internet and reading some post on this site it turned out to be a bad pick up coil or stator in a brand new Mallaroy TFI distributor. Bought some new electronics from ford , the stator and tfi module no more problems. Hope this can helps some else

mattt

Bronco Guru
I've had that code pop up on occasion too....never had any ill running effects from it though.

OP
OP
D

Dannyboy71

Did the code 96 disappear? I've had that code for months and can't figure it out. Truck runs fin though.

Have not pulled the codes since I resolved the issue. Thanks for all the replies and help. Very much appreciated!
Danny