• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full time trasfer case in a 1979 F250,what is it.

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
I have been looking at a 1979 Ford F250. It has D60 front and rear which is why I am interested in it. He says it has a full time transfer case in it. What could this be? a 203 maybe. What is it worth if it is a 203?. The truck is basically for parts only.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
The 203 will quickly be snaped up by someone that wants to build a doubler. The ford 203 is becoming harder to find. 79 is kind of late for a 203 but that has to be what it is.

I think SaddleUp was thinking about picking up another one. I would buy it if the shipping didn't kill me. OR. to FL. no way. There just good to have around.

Bax

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What Bax said X2...it'll be a NP203 in the 1979 "Snowfighter" F250's. They also came with NP205's but all of those are part time cases. You can find the 203's for anywhere from $50 and up, but the front range boxes of the 203 are worth something for the doubler setups.