• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

General consensus on ProComp tires?

collinbrewer

Loc.
Austin
What is the general consensus on ProComp tires.

They are having their buy 3 get 1 free deal and a vendor on this forum is offering free shipping. Figured others would want to know too.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I have the mts and the sidewall is soft and thin. the buy 3 price deal is not that great, if you look at past pricing they just charge you more for the 3 to cover the cost of the 4th.

I would buy them again, but I would shop and price others heavily first.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Been running the xterrains for a while now. Good all around tire, though it doesn't seem to care for the loose stuff. Very quiet on the road. Huge price diff when going to 37" and over, course the construction is completly different too.

Dan76

I used to have procomp mud terrains, they were decent got them with the 3 for 1 deal! Didnt really have much problems with them just wish I would have rotated them more.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i have the PC all terrains, they're real friendly on the street and in the dirt. sand they're not very good in, at least they didn't do well last time i was on the dunes.

i had X terrains, they sucked on the road. as they started wearing, they got real choppy and cupped a lot. off road they were decent though.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I have the all terrains on the wifes Cheby 4x4 4 door. They ride good, have had good life and still do, but in the yard in the mud I buried it trying to get the Lawn Mower out. Needed a 4WD tractor to get it out. All 4 tires clogged up and got as smooth as a bald mans' head.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
What is the general consensus on ProComp tires.

They are having their buy 3 get 1 free deal and a vendor on this forum is offering free shipping. Figured others would want to know too.

Not saying every Procomp vendor is doing this, but I've noticed in the past that the tires are normally cheaper than the 'retail price' advertised during the sale. It was more like buy 3.5, get a half tire free. Just FYI for your price comparison. Oh, and I think the MTs are decent but they are loud on the street.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[HIJACK] The ProComp tires are made by Cooper, so anybody with Coopers could probably indirectly attest to the quality of ProComp tires as well.

I'm considering the new Xtreme M/T, but I think it is just a Cooper STT with a slightly tweaked tread mold. The question I asked in the mass buy forum was whether the ProComps were made with a different rubber compound, because the Coopers seem to be harder than a bowling ball in the freezer. Good for tread wear, but not so good for traction. Anybody with personal experience that can attest to this one way or the other?

[/HIJACK]

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Not saying every Procomp vendor is doing this, but I've noticed in the past that the tires are normally cheaper than the 'retail price' advertised during the sale. It was more like buy 3.5, get a half tire free. Just FYI for your price comparison. Oh, and I think the MTs are decent but they are loud on the street.

Yep, saw this too.

PC MTs 35x12.50/15

Normally $189
During sale $201

Wonder if they will price match during the sale. Smae 4x4 mag has the two different prices.

66Gasgrill

Loc.
Canton, NC
I run 315x75x16 (35's) extreme AT's on my powerstroke. I have been very pleased with them. Good ride pretty quiet on the road and not terrible off road. I've got almost 30,000 miles on them and they still have almost half tread. They have a 40,000 mile warranty as well. Pretty good all around tire.

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
i have 33x12.5x15 MTs they offer good traction in nearly everything i also had mine siped so that helped on road, they do have some odd sidewall marks, not like bulges but just some wierd forms in them, not sure, but i have never had any problems, i won some free BFG mts so im going to those im sure ill love them

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
is that a sarcastic answer just wondering cause the genuine gears are really priced low

my money is on sarcastic. Don't know about the genuine gears but I am not a fan of Rancho shocks.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I've had a couple of the local drivetrain shops tell me genuine gear parts are garbage. That's why 4wp came out with G2 gears.