• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got my frame back from the blaster

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I picked up my frame from the blaster Monday. He blasted the frame, front and rear axles, and radius arms, then sprayed them with rust inhibitor paint. I think they turned out pretty good, especially for what he charged me.

So I guess the official "Festus" build has begun. I hope to have it driving by Supercelebration 2015, but we will see...that is the goal anyway.

"UPDATE"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 238
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 216
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 210
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
WOW! All that looks good Lane. You did get a good deal and a good job for what you spent.

Let the FUN begin.

Keep the pictures coming.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
looking great! (that's the same date i have circled for mine too!)

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So...instead of a "Frame off" it's going to be a "Frame Up".... What kind of paint, Lane? Rust Inhibitor?

OP
OP
bigcountry

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So...instead of a "Frame off" it's going to be a "Frame Up".... What kind of paint, Lane? Rust Inhibitor?

Yeah, a frame up. LOL I am looking forward to working on something that I do not have to pressure wash, scrape, and knock the dirt/grease off before working on it. ;D

I did not ask the brand, I believe it is a type of paint like por-15 and chassis coat but not sure. I called him last Thursday and he said they were putting the second coat on and it needed to cure for two days before handling so I waited until Monday to pick it up. I am assuming for the cure time it is an oil based type paint. I will call and ask tomorrow.

They mainly do heavy metal type stuff such as beams, metal poles, and equipment. They will not do a body. They have done work for my workplace before and I have known of them for a long time.

They only charged $225 to blast and paint the frame, axle housing, and radius arms. I taped up the axle bearings, pinions, and plugged the vent holes. I will be removing the front knuckles to swap them out for F150 disc knuckles and checking the gears so I will make sure no sand got in when I do that.

Here are pictures of the tub going on the frame.

Attachments

• dolly2.jpg
    dolly2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 108
  • dolly4.jpg
    dolly4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Copy of tobys bronco 059.jpg
    Copy of tobys bronco 059.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 101
  • tobys bronco 017.jpg
    tobys bronco 017.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 94

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Very good price! I can't remember what I payed for the last one, but it was a lot more than that. You couldn't do it yourself for that price.

OP
OP
bigcountry

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the axles and lift under the frame.

Attachments

• frame with axles.jpg
    frame with axles.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 65

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey big guy, looking good!!! Didn't you meant to say Super Celebration "2014"???
You're not going to spend all winter out deer hunting are you!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
bigcountry

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey big guy, looking good!!! Didn't you meant to say Super Celebration "2014"???
You're not going to spend all winter out deer hunting are you!!!;D;D;D

Well it is slow go doing it myself and yes I will be in the woods a lot until around Thanksgiving. Money plays a big factor too.