• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half Cab Rounded Quarters

wallen

Loc.
Church Hill, TN
I need help! I am trying to figure out why this U14 1966 half cab has rounded quarters with original factory lip?? Quarters has not been changed. Let me know!

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Not possible. Maybe a body man rolled the edge in a cosmetically appealing way. But they came from the factory uncut; some dealers cut the rear before sale. Buy it already!!!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't see the lip, but it didn't come from the factory that way!

OP
OP
W

wallen

Loc.
Church Hill, TN
Here's the photos. There is no way this could have been rolled because of where that ridge comes back through that quarter it would have been cut and welded, there is no weld and no cuts been done. Also, if you will look this is wider at each end of the quarter for strength, look at your Bronco at the quarters and notice how narrow and compare the difference. You have to see this to know what I am talking about, it is for real.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Here you can clearly see the original body line/fender lip that has been hammered flat.

Attachments

• IMG_0247_zpsb27b603c.jpg
    IMG_0247_zpsb27b603c.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited: