• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half Cab to Full Top

Chowbird

Hi Everyone,

I have a 69 Half Cab that I currently run with no top...nice day driver. I can get a hold of a full sized topper on the inexpensive side. Are the toppers for the EBs universal, or were different years varied in some fashion? Thanks so much for the help.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I think the bolt pattern at the top of the windshield frame was slightly different in the first couple of years. There was some variation to the rear post areas also but nothing that would prevent the top from fitting.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The Bronco went from vacuum wipers to electric at some point mid year in '69. All of the hard tops that came on vacuum wiper equipped Broncos have a different bolt pattern along the front edge than the tops that came on Broncos equipped with electric wipers. That's the only thing preventing them all from bolting onto all other Broncos. There were other minor differences over the years, but nothing that would prevent them from bolting up.

I have a '66 top on my '69 that came with electric wipers. I simply drilled another set of holes in my windshield frame to accommodate the earlier top. Not too difficult to do.

Does your half cab have the holes in the bed rails to bolt down a full hard top? If not, you'll have to drill those as well.

OP
OP
Chowbird

Chowbird

Thanks guys,

I can handle drilling new bolt patterns if thats the way it goes, just wanted to be sure they were all size compatable. Really appreciate it

Tim