• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Headrest install on OEM seats with Jade interior

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Ok guys in an effort to make this build for my wife drag on forever I found three sets of oem jade interior and had one good set made.

Then I saw these headrests in a post and @MarsChariot was so kind to sell these to me. They are about as good a match as I have ever seen.

It was kind of tough project with the covers on but we got through it.

My seats came with holes for the 68-70 mustang headrest brackets however they were not tapped for a screw (or bolt).

I made a little tap that I could turn with a wrench and was able to shimmy my hand up there and finally get all the holes tapped.

The brackets themselves also needed to be cut down (thanks to another member who showed me this part on their thread).

If anyone decides to do this, I can send you the little tap so you dont have to ruin one by cutting it down.

I know its probably not for everyone, but I think they turned out pretty cool and I like the face that the material is all OEM.

Attachments

• IMG_3893.jpeg
    IMG_3893.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3892.jpeg
    IMG_3892.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3891.jpeg
    IMG_3891.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3890.jpeg
    IMG_3890.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3889.jpeg
    IMG_3889.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Thanks everyone! I got the other seat finished today and was able to get the backs on the seats. Here ya go.

Attachments

• IMG_3910.jpeg
    IMG_3910.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3911.jpeg
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 18

snick

Contributor
I've been planning on adding some head rests to my stock seats using the 69 mustang brackets as well. Can you point me in the direction with info on cutting down the brackets that you mentioned in your first post?

"The brackets themselves also needed to be cut down (thanks to another member who showed me this part on their thread)."

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
I've been planning on adding some head rests to my stock seats using the 69 mustang brackets as well. Can you point me in the direction with info on cutting down the brackets that you mentioned in your first post?

"The brackets themselves also needed to be cut down (thanks to another member who showed me this part on their thread)."
The overall length of the bracket needs to be reduced to fit in the seat or it will interfere with the top metal part of the seat frame. When you get your brackets in this you will be able to compare them with mine to get an idea.

The toughest part honestly is tapping the holes with the covers on because you have to run your hand up inside the seat to do it and there’s not much room.