• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help pricing a 74 Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvrsummer82

Hi all-

I need some help pricing my 74 Bronco for sale if any one can lend some advice. I was a member of this website years ago, but can't remember my old email address or account so I created a new one. Any help would be much appreciated!

Any how, I've owned this Bronco since 2000 and the time has come (I think!) to sell it, sadly. It's been in storage for almost 10 years, and I don't see myself getting back into four wheeling anytime soon. 3 kids will change your hobbies quick!

I had it appraised and it appraised at 16k. I posted it for sale yesterday on Craigslist and have been overwhelmed with responses, so I think that may be low? I checked the for sale forum here, and while they're all over the place in price, it seems there's quite a few in the 20-30k range. Anyone have any advice on the price? I don't want to sell too low, and I'm worried it might be priced low based on the responses I've gotten so far.

BTW, I'm in Colorado.

Here is the Craigslist ad: http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5503766000.html

Thanks in advance for the help!

OP
OP
N

Nvrsummer82

Yeah I deleted itlast night due to the overwhelming response. Sorry for the confusion. Here's the details, and I'll post up some pics soon as I can figure that out. Thanks!

1974 Ford Bronco For Sale. Classic, heavily modified 4x4 ready to hit the trails! This classic rig turns heads everywhere it goes. Many additions and upgrades to this Bronco.

- Rebuilt 302 V8 with 20,900 miles
- Original 3 speed, moved to floor shift with Hurst shifter
- Clutch replaced at 12k miles with LUK Gold series clutch
- Custom Dash with Stewart Warner Gauges
- Replaced quarter panels
- Repainted Ford Metallic Blue with white top
- New Pioneer MP3 stereo
- James Duff premium 3.5" Stage 2 suspension lift with welded shock hoops in front and dual shocks at all four corners
- Suspension lift was done correctly with drop pittman arm, drop trac bar arm, all suspension bushings replaced, and all extended brake lines installed
- 2" body lift with new body mounts
- Total of 5.5" of lift
- 35"x12.50 Goodyear MTR Tires
- 4 point roll cage with tie ins for front harnesses
- Custom Corbeau Baja SS Ultra racing seats with 4 point harnesses in front
- New upholstery on stock rear bench seat with standard lap belts
- James Duff extended urethane fender flares
- Heavy duty Wild Horses steering shaft
- New West Texas off road steering box with 4 1/4 lock to lock conversion
- Hard top is removable and black bikini top is included
- Interior is completely Rhino Lined, including underside of hard top
- Recently inspected by a mechanic and dried out seals were replaced and fresh brakes were installed, otherwise it is ready to go

I've owned this Bronco for nearly 16 years, and I hate to sell it but it no longer fits in our family now that we have kids. The majority of the work to the Bronco was completed between 2000-2006 when it was my daily driver and off road vehicle. Since 2006 the Bronco has been in storage inside a garage and rarely driven. While in storage the fuel was drained, battery removed, and oil changed yearly to remove any moisture. The Bronco was just inspected by a mechanic and any dry seals were replaced and fresh brakes were installed. Receipts for all work and parts since the purchase of the Bronco are available.

Bronco was just appraised by a professional classic car appraiser and documents are available for review by potential buyers. Price listed reflects appraisal value.

Please text or email if interested. Serious inquiries only. Payment by cash or certified check only. Clean title in hand.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Pics from several angles would help us help you with a more accurate estimate.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Be careful of the craigslist scammers....I got 7 in one day on a set of tires I just listed.

Right now, dead stock original Broncos are hot. Good restomods are up also, trail rigs are the hardest to sell & poorer returns on investment.

OP
OP
N

Nvrsummer82

Just some more info, it does have some rust in the tailgate, minor rust on driver's floor pan. It also has some minor body damage to the passenger side fender from hitting a tree branch while four wheeling.

Thanks!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
While I think $16,000 is a decent price for what you have, all kinds of idiots out there will buy that, possibly wash it, then relist it on craigslist for $35,000. Happens all the time these days since Broncos have become so popular.

I have no idea if these guys are getting anywhere close to these idiotic asking prices, but I'd bet that more than half the responses you've gotten are from flippers.

Better to start high and negotiate down than try to go the other way.

OP
OP
N

Nvrsummer82

While I think $16,000 is a decent price for what you have, all kinds of idiots out there will buy that, possibly wash it, then relist it on craigslist for $35,000. Happens all the time these days since Broncos have become so popular.

I have no idea if these guys are getting anywhere close to these idiotic asking prices, but I'd bet that more than half the responses you've gotten are from flippers.

Better to start high and negotiate down than try to go the other way.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, want it to go to a good home! Kinda like giving away my first born here! Ha ha. Thanks for the advice.

OP
OP
N

Nvrsummer82

Also, not sure how this ended up in the classifieds section, I swear I thought I posted it in the general bronco discussions. Mods feel free to move if this is the wrong area to ask the question. Thanks!

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Good looking rig. Pricing can be difficult, I think you could sell 10 of these at the $16k price, and The front range is a good market...if it were me I would go in the $24-28k range to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.