• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hey D & C Cage Mass Buy Group. How bout some PICs?

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I wasn't around during the D&C mass buy last fall but a family cage is next on the list. The only negative I could find was the front hoop is too far from the dash. Any pics or comments? TIA.

Craig

Case

Im drawing a blank. Who makes the D and C cage. I know when someone tells me i will be like, duh of couse thats who makes that. ;D ;D

OP
OP
ROKDWLR

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I realize Mike and Complete Offroad are very popular here. His cages look very nice. I was hoping to keep the wiper cover and his doesn't look like that will work. What have you done to make yours look OK without the cover?

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
The cover will work, All you have to do is move the front spreader bar back a bit and shorten the CB bars "if there are any" assuming you are fabbing it yourself. If not I am sure you could request this from any of the cage builders out there and they could oblige you.

OP
OP
ROKDWLR

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I talked to Mike at Complete Offroad today. He's a very nice guy. I'll be ordering one of his cage kits after they get settled into their new location around the first of May. The plan now is to get a 2" bodylift and rear bumper/spare setup before then if everything works. Where the heck is ProtoFab's rear plate bumper!? Thanks much for your feedback.

Craig

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
I kept my wiper cover, and I have the front hoop from mike. I had to trim the cover some on the top, have a soft top so the wiper moter uses the drop bracket. with the bracket it also rotated 180* so I had top cut the pass. end of the cover to give the motor clearance.

Case

raharr3 i like that cage alot, but isnt it a pain for passengers to get into the back with the seat belt bars in the way?? ;D

OP
OP
ROKDWLR

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
Raharr3. Maybe we could do a mini-mass-buy and have them both shipped to Sac. I'd pick mine up from there to save a few. Mike said shipping would drop from $180 to $158 if one cage was sent to the Sac. trucking depot. (Quote was on the $359 kit) He might be able to get a better price with two cages.

Also, when you install a wiper motor drop bracket does the cover also get lowered or just trimmed at the top to clear a bikini/soft top? Any pics?