• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hey Mod's - Let's talk about the Member Classifieds

Loc.
Liberal\Claremore
X2 On having to be a contributor to post stuff for sale. I don't want to email you, call you, or text you for pictures of something you want to sell.

ezbngreen

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Posting just to see if I qualify to sell. :-*

Not sure when I joined or how many posts. Maybe I need to start speaking up more.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
LOL I've been here over 15 years but I wouldn't pass the 9,000 post rule :)

I'd be happy with a rule that only contributors could post or view the classifieds. That way new folks could still post their shit for sale but at least Jon/CB gets some benefit.

9,000 sounds good to me.......

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I would think you would have to be part of the community to sell here but if you put post requirements people will just reply to everything on the front page to sell their stuff.

Maybe some sort of vetting system?

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Quantity of posts does not necessarily mean quality posts. In life it is always buyer beware. A fool and their money are soon parted. You probably can't save them. I would want to know what people have for sale. I'll vet them myself.

mattt

Bronco Guru
I don't understand why any Bronco owner looking for parts would want to limit who can offer Bronco parts for sale. I've never understood that in any forum I participate in. It's just limiting where buyers can find what they are looking for.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I don't understand why any Bronco owner looking for parts would want to limit who can offer Bronco parts for sale. I've never understood that in any forum I participate in. It's just limiting where buyers can find what they are looking for.

NOT on parts !! only on rigs !

I recommended this site to a bunch of pp looking for quality EBs !
Would hate to see that the members sale section turns into overpriced junk !

make it that anyone at any time can post parts for sale ...
but only members that are part of this forum for min 18 months can post his /hers EB in the "For Sale - 66-77 Broncos by members only" section ! ?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
This web site runs like a well oiled machine! Leave it be...

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Only people who have busted knuckles, thrown wrenches and spilled oil on the garage floor while working on a Bronco should be allowed to place adds. That's when they're p.oed, ready to ditch the hobby and are probably pricing items low.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Yeah - best not to mess with it, but it would be nice to see contributor status for folks selling entire vehicles.

As for contributor status for positing pics - its jut an easier way to do it, not at all required.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I don't really care. If they have Broncos or Bronco parts for sale, I think they should be welcome to post them here even if they're new. Sometimes you get the best deals from the folks who don't realize the worth of what they have. Anyone browsing the posts can look at their post count and join date, and take that into consideration when deciding whether to engage in commerce with them, if they think its important.
Dusty does a good job of summing up why I don't think we should restrict the Classifieds to only established members. It's been brought up before and I've considered it, but I always circle back to this; It would reduce the number of buyers and sellers, which I think hurts the effectiveness of the Classifieds. Not all new sellers are bad, just as not all veteran members are necessarily good buyers/sellers.

Not allowing new members to sell stuff could result in you long time members missing out on some good deals.

I guess my question is, how much of a problem is this really? I just did a quick count in the "Broncos for sale - members only" section and only 4 or 5 out of 40 are from members who have only joined in the last couple of months. None appear to be blatant flippers and one of those looks like a super early 66 that wouldn't have been posted if new members weren't allowed in there.

To me it seems like if you'd rather do business only with established members it's pretty easy to spot the new sellers and ignore them. It doesn't seem like they're taking over the Classifieds. And I'm sure some of you veterans have picked up a fair deal or two from new members over the years.