• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I need pics! Rear inner shock,axle mounting?

Jfly13

Loc.
Lockwood, Mo.
I am in the middle of fabbing up a inboard shock mount. I have most of it done, but I am curious how people have made shock tabs for the bottom part on the axle. I assume they will need t obe at an angle and am not sure of the best way to do it. Does any one have pics?

Last edited:

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Here you go. Some pics from my 2008 build. I assume you are using the stock mounting position, that is what I am posting pics of, but I think I have pics of the aftermarket (in front of axle) position also if you need. I like to raise the frame and let the entire axle droop it's maximum then mount the shocks with a little travel left because you often get some extension out on the trail when you lift the wheels off. Hope this helps, good luck!:cool:

Attachments

• Brake Lines 002.jpg
    Brake Lines 002.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Brake Lines 001.jpg
    Brake Lines 001.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Rear End 004.jpg
    Rear End 004.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 28