• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ididit tilt steering column

bronco std

Loc.
Berryville, Virginia
Hey any of you guys have a ididit tilt steering column? If so do you know what steering wheels mate up to it, and do you know if I need some adapters. I think I will need some adapters, but not sure. ???

This is the first time I have converted over a steering column before, and do not have too much knowledge about the steering components (inside the bronco that is..., the column is bolted into the firewall and steering box and appears to work fine). The stock bronco steering wheel does not fit for it has a tong on the back side that prevents it from sliding down on the top part of the shaft.

I was planning on calling ididit to see what they recommend, but wanted to see if anyone has some experience in this field. :)

Oh, and I have a manual column, if that matters?

Thanks,

Bronco STD

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
I used a tilt column out of a 75 Scout. All Gm stuff, used a steering wheel out of a Fiero. Column is the same length as the EB, I just had to match up the wires and change the plug for the harness. Also, had to "modify" the firewall clamp. Nothing too hard, took me a couple of nights.