• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kayline/Rampage soft top advice

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I have a Kayline/Rampage soft top which sat in the box for many years before being installed recently.
It fits the windshield track and the two speed rails at the edge of the bed just fine.
Where it doesn't fit is around the door frames at all. It looks like there's some sort of plastic or nylon bead sown into the top which is supposed to engage a channel on each door frame but not only is the bead unexposed enough, the measurements don't seem to be correct.
I was wondering if anybody else has had to overcome this?
I was thinking about taking it to the upholstery shop and simply having them stitch on velcro or put in snaps? Probably cost as much as the whole top!

Thanks,
JB

JKH67302

Contributor
I remember it being tight. Lay it out or park in the sun for a while so you can stretch it a bit. The whole top stretches out after a short while from wind and the sun after it's installed.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I have a Kayline/Rampage soft top which sat in the box for many years before being installed recently.
It fits the windshield track and the two speed rails at the edge of the bed just fine.
Where it doesn't fit is around the door frames at all. It looks like there's some sort of plastic or nylon bead sown into the top which is supposed to engage a channel on each door frame but not only is the bead unexposed enough, the measurements don't seem to be correct.
I was wondering if anybody else has had to overcome this?
I was thinking about taking it to the upholstery shop and simply having them stitch on velcro or put in snaps? Probably cost as much as the whole top!

Thanks,
JB
Without seeing a picture, I feel like you are missing the two metal pieces that form an L that connect the riser bar to the front part of the rear quarter panel.

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Got it, thanks for the advice and help. I was misunderstanding the plastic lip, you fold it over and insert it, DUH!

-JB