• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lightweight Diesel engine swap?

What're y'all thinking?

• Keep that 351W

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Diesel swap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just sell the Bronco to me and I'll decide for you!

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I have an 06 duramax LBZ, I have to turn it off if I use the drive through to make an order, and I have stock exhaust. But it sounds great.
Every diesel I've ever owned I've had to turn off in a drive through. 6.9, both 7.3l, 6.0l and 6.7l. Every one of them quieter than a 4bt in an eb though lol.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Forgive me if it was already mentioned but Emily Kincer (Kincer Chassis) has the new small cummins in her bronco. At idle, its noisier than v8 but not by much depending on exhaust. I don't recall the tranny she is running at this time.

Emily's bronco below from Townsend

Attachments

• Emily bronco.jpg
    Emily bronco.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Has anybody ever tried to put a Mercedes V6 diesel in an EB? Sure there's electronics and computer to deal with, but it's relatively small and spins more like a gas engine than a diesel so regearing wouldn't be an issue.

Dylan_Shaffer

Contributor
I’m currently swapping a bmw m57 diesel out of a 2011 335d into my 70 bronco with a Zf8hp 8 speed behind it. It’s a bi turbo 3 liter inline 6, all aluminum, will be 440hp and 710tq at the crank. The engine and trans should be lighter than my current 351w and nv4500 setup. I’ll start a build thread shortly!