• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking at a car cover for the Bronco

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I have seen the WildHorses catalog and it lists an option for a factory spare tire carrier.

I don't have a factory, but I do have an aftermarket spare on the back.

Plus, it is a 35

Which cover would be best to use?

Anyone have one from WH or another vender?

POS and NEG ???

let me know.

I am asking ahead of time as I don't want to find out AFTER I buy it.

croft75

I think I bought the small SUV cover from Wallmart it fits over my 31"spare and pre runner bumper with lights. Its not an outside cover but perfect for storing

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have the WH cover use it on my wifes 73 stock bumpers and a 32 " tire on the factory spare, it fits good. I use the same cover on my 67 with after market prerunner bumpers and a aftermarket spare tire but the cover goes between the tie carrier and the body. See the pics below.

Attachments

• coverback.jpg
    coverback.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 58
  • coverside.jpg
    coverside.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 74

Arikilen

Loc.
Clovis, CA
I like my WH cover as well. I have had it for over a year outside - Central Valley of California sun and rain... well ok, no rain but lots of sun!

buck68

The only way to get a nice cover that will fit over a bumper with tire carrier is to have one made. We had one made by California car covers and it fits nice over my son's winch bumper and his rear bumper with tire carrier.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The wh cover shoukd fit with a stock tire carrier.

... And a small tire!
Just wanted to add that, in case the stock carrier you're trying to cover is sporting a 35" tire.;)

So Joker, are you talking about a "tire cover" or a full cover that also covers the tire?
The way your first line was written, I wasn't sure exactly what you were referring to. If just a tire cover, we have this that should work: http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/15308 but if you were indeed talking about the full cover, as it sits it will most likely NOT cover your aftermarket carrier and 35" tire. I suppose anything is possible, but can't see how it could work. I have one and like ep67bro, I tuck it in between the tailgate and tire.
Fits real good that way, but would never go over my tall Hanson carrier, even without a tire mounted.

I'm just going to have a second smaller cover made to go over the bumper and racks. Modifying the existing cover (which we can do) is cool, but not very cost-effective in most cases.

Paul

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The Wildhorse cover goes over my winch in the front and my 37" Swamper hanging off the back!

IMG_8209.jpg

Found more pics.

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

My little (then) helper!

IMG_2040.jpg

Last edited:

buck68

Depending on how essential it is to really cover your vehicle,that might work. Arizona weather is much more forgiving that the Midwestern climate.

OP
OP
Joker11

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Paul,
Sorry. I meant I wanted a car cover for the vehicle itself. But the WH lists with or without tire carrier. I have an aftermarket tire and it has a 35 BFG KM2 on it.

I think pulling the cover down between the tailgate and the tire rack is the way to go. I don't like the look of the bulge in the pictures provided. Thanks guys.

I can easily just get a tire cover for the tire.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't worry about Motoman's bulge....%) He's got the super-duper high ground clearance trail edition cover.
Very exclusive!

I didn't think I'd like mine tucked in behind the bumper, but it ended up looking just great and not so worried about sun on the bumper and rack to make bumper cover a priority just yet.

Paul