• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lower Rear quarter panel does not match up at the bottom of the tail light pillar or door pillar.

Wyattman2015

Hi
I just tried to test fit my rear lower quarter on the right hand side and it looks like the panel at the bottom does not matchup. I may be able to push it so it matches up with the tail light and door pillar but it looks like I would bow or warp the whole panel.
Is this something everyone deals with or could my panel be a little off. ( Dennis Carpenter )
Please see photos - if you cannot see photos please let me know
Thank you
Robert

https://flic.kr/ps/41XPkn

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Pretty common... Aftermarket metal on a 50 year old truck.
you are going to need to make a bunch of small pie shape cuts in the the inner lip to allow you to reshape the radius of the panel. thin cuts to start you will need to weld/grind them.

1buckeyefan1

Pretty common... Aftermarket metal on a 50 year old truck.
you are going to need to make a bunch of small pie shape cuts in the the inner lip to allow you to reshape the radius of the panel. thin cuts to start you will need to weld/grind them.

This is what I just had to do with my DC flared quarter panels. You pie cut the inner lip. Then assemble with sheet metal screws and bend it in to match the contours of the tail light housing. Weld it in place and you should be good to go.