• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mallory Unilite Issue

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
I've had a unilight for years now. Can't say what happened with your ground but I had some problems with modules going out when I first got it and was about to ditch the thing. With modules going for $118. Then I installed one of thees to clean up the power going to it and discovered that the Accel Module was exactly the same for $55 or so. Haven't had a Problem in many years now.

Attachments

• WP_20180611_13_46_00_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20180611_13_46_00_Pro[1].jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_20180611_13_45_26_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20180611_13_45_26_Pro[1].jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 7

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can not agree with that statement. Nothing Mallory has made in the last 20+ years deserves that description. Some of the original Accel points stuff was exceptionally well designed, but since their purchase by the same holding company as Mallory it has all been dropped and replaced with re-badged Mallory product. From their inception to about the middle 60's Mallory stuff was the best you could buy. Has not been that way for a long, long time.

+11teen!!!

Guess I've just been unusually lucky with the 8 or 10 I've run over the last 25 years. Still running four of them now; two in boats and two in trucks... ;)

Speaking of the older Mallory stuff, I recently resurrected and restored a vintage Mallory dual point for a '62 Falcon gasser project. Played heck finding some parts for it but did get it working perfectly again.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
I installed a uni lite in my firebird back in 80/81. Been flawless since. Of course it's no longer a daily driver.

Sad that with all the advancements in technology and manufacturing so much is low bid crap.....