• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Move passenger air inlet off the cowl and onto the side

bannind

Does anyone have pics of a successful migration of the fresh air vent off the cowl and onto the side? I know I can simply cover the opening, but with the weather we have in the winter a fresh air vent is a must for proper defrost functioning. I have read notes of people using super-duty vents or Toyota MR2 vents, but haven't see any pictures. I am wondering both about mounting a vent to the side and different solutions for attaching it with the stock cylinder insert that goes between the inner assembly and the outer assembly. I am thinking I am going to have to fab something up, but don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done the leg work.

Thanks,
dan

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You will loose your cowl induction/ram air effect. Typically the sides of the fenders are slightly low pressure, hence the extractor ports at that location to get air out of the inner fenders.