• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My First EB - 1966 U14

OP
OP
T

t120r

I just had to cut the floor out on the passenger side to get at the body mount bolt. Someone had previously welded a plate on there to replace a rusty floor.

I've got the body loose and gutted almost everything. I have to remove the shifter, gas filler hose and the handbrake. I think that's all then I can pull the body. Not sure if it's savable yet.... We'll see when I can flip it over. I guess I have to build a rotisserie.

OP
OP
T

t120r

I have the body pulled off finally.

zjwljk.jpg

crazyhorseresto

T120R great score! I would go back all OG if it was me. I wouldn't cut it and keep it factory, is that the original color,may be go back dark brown pearl from a new Ford color chart. All over. But that's just me, I have built several broncos and enjoy them. I will help any way I can. Check out Crazy Horse Restorations on facebook see what ya think!

OP
OP
T

t120r

According to the ownership, the original color is Orange.

OP
OP
T

t120r

rbjz9i.jpg

25zgew8.jpg

So I was busy the past few days. I'll try to take pictures of the custom frame mods the previous owner did... I'm kind of baffled actually.

OP
OP
T

t120r

jl4faa.jpg

If you look really close, you can find the Bronco... Sorta like finding Waldo.. If he was dismembered.:)

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
What a great find! !! One of my Broncos is a 170/6 as well it to was an old farm rig which rarely saw pavement as well. That said it's taken a decent beating on a regular basis. Mine had sand in places you would never expect. Beating is what broncos do best...

OP
OP
T

t120r

It's a neat truck. I do have to do some minor work the the frame. Then ship it and the axle housings out for blasting. I'm gonna keep it as stock appearing as possible, minus disc brakes and efi.

OP
OP
T

t120r

So it looks like my 'stock' 1966 Bronco had the engine swapped out by the previous owners.:(

95v50o.jpg

OP
OP
T

t120r

So I just got the frame blasted and powdercoated. They took extra time to do as much of the inside as they could.

2d2f128.jpg

OP
OP
T

t120r

295u0pd.jpg

Yep, I put the coil clamp on upside down. No biggie. I'll be taking the axle out eventually to set the caster anyway.

OP
OP
T

t120r

262w6k7.jpg

339t2ya.jpg

fjp4xj.jpg

35jjudc.jpg

I made the massive trek to TN to pick up my tub. 2800Kms (1740 Miles) round trip.

OP
OP
T

t120r

a3fnkh.jpg

rjqmqf.jpg

2bwnsw.jpg

So I'm doing 2 mods to my head on the 200. the 2bbl adapter from Classic Inlines is a great addition. The second is the addition of injector bungs. Due to the location of the 2bbl carb adapter, injectors straight into the port isn't a possibility. Turns out the side of the log is milled pretty flat from the factory on my 1980 head. I'll drill 6 holes (3/4" in diameter) and the spot face with a 1" circle. That will sit the injector pretty much inline from the intake port. The major advantage to this is before I weld in the bungs, I can do some port cleanup through the 3/4" hole. hopefully this will work.:)

OP
OP
T

t120r

2m3fhnk.jpg

So I enlisted the help of my father to help put together my front end. He owned and worked at body shops his whole life. He had to travel 1800 miles to help. He called it an excuse for a motorcycle trip. Gotta love him. Hahaha. Anyway, everything is together perfectly now except my passenger side fender on the bottom area where it meets the door jamb. I have a plan of attack for that next week. Hopefully I'l have this thing together sooner than later.