• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help on Auxillary Gas Tank

jmcalj

Loc.
Oregon
I need help identifying seals for my 1971 Ford Bronco Auxiliary gas tank. The image with the blue arrows has a rubber seal. I don't seem to be able to locate any seals that I can purchase. All the new tanks have the gas filler permanently built into the new tanks. I appreciate any help on this.

y4m_2V-EZk-zPOak5MxJijbcDNDB186gWB2dxIxegG-hL3YAQIRKNpB3aSIPvMAz0_-ENzsagfd5kX8m5TwHYIrTZjO6kcoaKbjaLPj2zEuF4XSJ36dbnJ8ZsEKZ5idElekZ7yXOkFlKzREj2W3k_oW00QyAGAQ2SWRw7esA0fWtGV2Bszs4x2xwpHLrCnDq46kJbqSPDdI6vSb6YSu20jSZZBX_MEAaqx3pKc78x_xdls
y4mlRMWexy9dbRqwOSyB_tsNl3eJ1Wef1D0rJDQ-dbUONV8tq3zRsZzoOdCCapEEDj7vTJDfXbNk20yfCKRnw27-vrDvH-OLYh_GDcGrh07OGwDyfIN3ntHza8HPUx6Ce31fQuRwnW-sqEPaJ2HI07D_w3VuT_e0gliLphAHEoekF57yMSC_SCu2Kc1pihiVc7SQKHVJnCS9zV4T7rDe1TDKgjobU8SsDsm2YMtbD23hx8
y4mSLxk3M9AKlE-qbVxSKlLRnNZMSE7uHewRDMOM7UwS9To4BoNGgWWuvpAz21riM8rnedEJwEfwXJ8SIpgbIvt0w3CxWxFDD--Bl-JrTRR-8DXcWhxLPeBRJLQ8TqTt592uOygqzN4cJTJfYoqejbtfVF5tk-mAhLwzuQVGG5gZPkTsODmuX5BcZdifFziTqIjPthoywwOGCpdgA2R1SAs5aeGJHeTLS0qrNf1poumc_o

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Bronco Graveyard has thick rubber washers for pretty cheap.

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_3385.png
    IMG_3385.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
J

jmcalj

Loc.
Oregon
Thanks for the reply. Isn’t that rubber washer for the sending unit? The one on this tank bolts for the vent and where the fuel filler bolts to the tank. Both are smaller than what’s on Bronco Graveyard. I’ve been researching everywhere and haven’t found anything that matches.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Thanks for the reply. Isn’t that rubber washer for the sending unit? The one on this tank bolts for the vent and where the fuel filler bolts to the tank. Both are smaller than what’s on Bronco Graveyard. I’ve been researching everywhere and haven’t found anything that matches.
Try McMaster-carr. They carry various gaskets, gasket material and o-rings.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Thanks for the reply. Isn’t that rubber washer for the sending unit?
Yes, sir, it is for the sending unit.

The one on this tank bolts for the vent and where the fuel filler bolts to the tank. Both are smaller than what’s on Bronco Graveyard. I’ve been researching everywhere and haven’t found anything that matches.
My bad! I was looking at my auxiliary tank out of my ‘77 and made <gasp> an assumption! Sorry for that.

Randy