• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need info on 1977 bronco

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Oh yeah, that is one of the Swanson's broncos from the late 80s/90s. I never saw it in person (out in CA and I have always lived on the East coast) but it was featured in all the top three 4x4 mags (Peterson's 4WOR, Off Road and Four Wheeler) and ran 18x44s in most of the shots. His wife use to model in front of them or drive them in the articles. I even have an early-mid 80s off brand magazine where it was first featured in its infant state of being built. Use to be yellow with the striped pattern (no pink on the front) and was a huge infulence in my painting my former '76 the chrome yellow I painted it in '93. The last issue it was in was Offroad mag August (or Sept) 1992 (I remember this because I bought it as I left home for my last year of grad school and looked at it more than I did my text books that Fall semester). I don't have any of these mags scanned but I will look for them at home.

Attachments

• FWmag shoot 98.jpg
    FWmag shoot 98.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
rplivin

rplivin

Loc.
Jasper Al
Great info! Nice looking yellow bronco. My Bronco is orange now and i am in process of restoration on it. po really hacked up wiring on it but other than that it is still in great shape. only rust us in floorboards so i feel fortunate. Makes me feel better maybe it was put together right. Because it has had several modifications done to it but rides great to be lifted that high. Any more info will be appreciated.