• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New guy, New project

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Wow, you work quickly. That is quite the shop you have there.

OP
OP
Fishbone

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
It was going to be a joint venture, and be sold when done. That has already changed. Since I bought another one, Ed decided he wanted to keep this one. I'm out financially now, but for some reason I'm not out in terms of labor. ?:? I'm just kiddin', I want to continue to help. You're right though, it's already turned into a keeper.

The shop is awesome, that's one of the best perks of working there, I get to use it and anything in it.;D I'm still doing mine (Bronco) at home for convenience, but it may find it's way over there eventually. My shop pales in comparison, but it is still plenty adequate.

Here is a bigger shot of the shop at work.

DSCN0400.jpg

OP
OP
Fishbone

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
I was off during the holidays, and last week was kind of busy so we didn't get much done on this one.

Ed, did do so stuff while I was off though. He got some patches done on the donor side, and had it all tacked on. Then he noticed the floor support/body mount on the drivers side was tweaked, so the side and hinge post had to come off so things could be straightened out. I stopped there yesterday, and he had it tacked back on. It should be ready to be welded on permanately, but we're going to wait until the rebuild kit comes in for the door hinges just to be sure.

I snapped a couple of pics while I was there. Now that I'm back to work I should be able to get more pics (if I remember the camera), and hopefully help him out more.

DSCN0917.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Then he noticed the floor support/body mount on the drivers side was tweaked, so the side and hinge post had to come off so things could be straightened out.[/IMG]

Is that why the truck was leaning to the drivers side? I couldn't figure it out when I had it. I spent hours messing around with the radius arm bushings thinking that was the problem.

OP
OP
Fishbone

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
I haven't been helping much on this one lately, but I brought Ed's memory card home so I could at least update the thread with some more recent pics.

When I finally turn mine over to the painter, I ought to be able to help him more. He's doing fine without me though. He has the drivers side just about buttoned up, and has moved on to the passenger side. He has the passenger side floor ready to be welded in, the hinge post and lower rear quarter off, and patched the inner rocker.

When the repairs are done we're going to build a rotisserie to make the blasting and finishing of the underside easier.

100_0309.jpg

100_0322.jpg

100_0323.jpg

100_0324.jpg

100_0325.jpg

100_0326.jpg

OP
OP
Fishbone

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
I'm trying to get Ed (Wilbur) to update this thread himself since he has been taking the pics with his camera, and doing most of the work latlely. I got him registered, now I just gotta give him a crash coarse on posting stuff.

Anyway.. I got it this time.

The rotisserie is done, and Ed, put the Bronco on it this morning. I'm kind of wishin' I would have waited and done mine on it too. It would have beat the heck out of laying on my back for a week+.

The hinge post are on both sides now, as well as rockers on both sides, upper and lower rear quarters on the drivers side, lower rear quarter on the passenger side, and floors on both sides.

Next it will get blasted, and other patches that show up will be done. Then it's on to the chassis and drivetrain.

Here are a few pics of the rotisserie.

100_0357.jpg

Decided to go with this instead of a bolt. Figured it might keep the tube from gettin' boogered up. It works nice.

100_0370.jpg

100_0365.jpg

100_0374.jpg

100_0363.jpg

100_0375.jpg

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Hey fishbone. Looks like you guys are kickin's a@# on this thing. I like your rotisserie design better than mine. I wish I could have put the entire tub on it. That's the one thing I would have done differently. Mine mounted on the front floor pans and the rear only.

Attachments

• broncopicssandblast%20014.jpg
    broncopicssandblast%20014.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 62
  • broncopicssandblast%20047.jpg
    broncopicssandblast%20047.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 187
OP
OP
Fishbone

Fishbone

Loc.
Northern, Illinois
Hey fishbone. Looks like you guys are kickin's a@# on this thing. I like your rotisserie design better than mine. I wish I could have put the entire tub on it. That's the one thing I would have done differently. Mine mounted on the front floor pans and the rear only.

I think we have pretty much the same thing with the exception of the rotation lock and casters.

This one also attaches to the mounts under the floor and the far back mounts. We didn't want to remove the inner fenders, core support etc. So we can't rotate it completly upside down, but it still gives us pretty good access to the bottom of the tub.:)

Hey Carl feel free to stop by and check it out anytime.

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
We didn't want to remove the inner fenders, core support etc. So we can't rotate it completly upside down, but it still gives us pretty good access to the bottom of the tub.:)

I could rotate a full 360, but only did once to see if my engineering was up to par. After that the furthest angle I would adjust it to was 180 degrees on either side. You can work on it just the same. Keep us posted!! The rate you're going, you may be driving it before me ?:? .