• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member need to know a PART

engot@mac.com

changing my thermostat on my 69 I acquired 1 month ago
was wondering what is the thing called attached to the thermostat housing
with 3 little rubber lines i just broke one of the connection and i wanted to replace it but cannot figure what its called

Thanks in Advance

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
Engot. Yer going to have to post a pic.
I have a '69 and can't figure out what your are looking at.
Are ..."the little rubber lines", vacuum or coolant?
You shouldn't have any emission crap on that engine either.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Without pictures were all guessing. The truck is a 69 but it could be any year motor. There were temperature switches for timing control, egr, choke and air cleaner just depending what model car, truck and year the engine came from.

OP
OP
E

engot@mac.com

found several on ebay for shelby and mustang they called it ported vacuum tree Do i need it several sites mention its for smog

thanks

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey engot, did it have a hose on it?? If so where did the hose go, to the carb or breather??? One little hose goes to a flap in the breather, to open for fresh air.;D;D;D