• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product- Bestop Super Top

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
Hey guys-

I'm looking into a new soft top. Is anyone familiar with the new top from BESTOP?

Thanks

Bill

stlkikn

Clean install, very minimal drilling, they fit well.
The tinted windows are nice, unlike my old bestop and kayline tops, the windows actually zip out.
Only thing I don't really care for is the tailgate retainer.... but it doesn't require drilling holes in the 'gate... kind of a trade off.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I think the tailgate is one of the best parts. It allows me to open the tailgate without unsnapping or unzipping the top to get to my tools. Some other nice things are the large rear window, All of the windows zip out, and it has plenty of headroom. The only thing I don't like is that the top needs to be slipped into the front riser from the side. With the STC top it has a separate channel that it slides into which is then just slipped into the riser once the top is in the right position. On mine I took both the Bestop riser and the STC riser and combined them so it uses the STC channel and is still the right height.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
On mine I took both the Bestop riser and the STC riser and combined them so it uses the STC channel and is still the right height.

Best of both......To me, being able to fold down the top without taking the whole top off is key. Would it be possible to illustrate in detail just what you did to achieve that mod? Sounds simple enough, and a good opportunity for another tech article (and contributor status;) ) while clarifying one of ,to me anyway, the key functions of a softop. Really what good is a soft top if one cant fold it down and up quickly?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Jeepster said:
Best of both......To me, being able to fold down the top without taking the whole top off is key. Would it be possible to illustrate in detail just what you did to achieve that mod? Sounds simple enough, and a good opportunity for another tech article (and contributor status;) ) while clarifying one of ,to me anyway, the key functions of a softop. Really what good is a soft top if one cant fold it down and up quickly?
I have this in my list of potential tech articles. It's pretty basic though. I cut off the front of the Bestop riser where the top slides in. I then bolted it down along with the STC one. (The STC one on the bottom so there was only one surface to seal up) It was a tight fit sliding bolts between them but not too bad. I started them all first so I could reach in to them. Then used a ratchet to tighten them down. I do have a few pics from when I cut the risers posted in a thread here somewhere. I just never got around to taking more pics of everything after it was assembled.