• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Non Bronco Electric Part Needed - Robot gurus appreciated!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hello everyone I ran into a snafu here with my transfer seat! I have a 4 channel remote controlled relay box for my transfer seat and one of the relays took a crap. It just clicks so I’m pretty sure it’s shot. This unit cost about $65 and it’s the 2nd one I’ve gone through. First one never worked out of the box so they sent a replacement. Based on the track record of these units I’m not going to purchase another one. I’ve found a heavier duty one rated up to 30amps for $100 but was wondering before I pull the trigger if you guys know if anything that has a good quality issue at an affordable price? The relay does need to be momentary and not continuous. I’m Leary if the cheapies on Amazon and EBay but if anyone has good experience let me know! I need to run 2 actuators w/ reverse polarity independently of each other! Thanks

89350B68-ABEC-4D97-A9EA-0C90CAE74469.jpg

Current receiver
https://www.e-motioninc.com/Remote_Control_System_p/4ch-rc.htm

The unit I’m looking at:

https://www.remote-control-switch.c...ol-switch-for-12-24v-electric-linear-actuator

Digger556

How much of a DIY'er are you?

If your relays are dying, but the control board still works, you could solder in new relays. If you crack the case open, there is likely a P/N on the relays.

That 2nd unit you posted looks better protected from the elements.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can see how it was failing as I dont think it was made to carry the load through the unit to power a motor for a seat.

Double check the draw of the seat first, but looks like 30 amps should do it, I'd go with that one to power the seat

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
You can also use the remote control relay to power a bigger relay that will handle the current of the motors

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
How much of a DIY'er are you?

If your relays are dying, but the control board still works, you could solder in new relays. If you crack the case open, there is likely a P/N on the relays.

That 2nd unit you posted looks better protected from the elements.

I thought about that and i'll save it as a back up but right now i need something more reliable.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I can see how it was failing as I dont think it was made to carry the load through the unit to power a motor for a seat.

Double check the draw of the seat first, but looks like 30 amps should do it, I'd go with that one to power the seat

yeah, its funny its rated for 5 amps max draw which is what the actuator is rated for under max load. Kinda disappointed it crapped out. My power seats will have their own dedicated power source.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
You can also use the remote control relay to power a bigger relay that will handle the current of the motors

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

thanks! I'll look into that too