• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil breather for EFI in aftermarket bronco script aluminum Valve Covers

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
So I need to put a breather that I can run a hose up to the metered intake air in the oil fill pipe on my aftermarket valve covers - who's done it, how, part number???

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
Sorry, the wording of the question above is confusing me...
For crankcase ventilation in my EFI setup:

-an oil cap with a breather and that hose going to the throttle body
-the PCV on the back of the lower intake is connected via a hose to the upper intake.
- the pcv port on the other valve cover is capped (not used).

OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Right, I need to find the oil cap with breather that fits in the aftermarket valve cover. The rest I got figured out. Thanks!

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
Does the other valve cover have a PCV port on it? If so, just use that instead.

So your oil cap would be sealed, and the pcv port on the other valve cover would go to the TB... and PCV port on the lower intake would go to the upper.

Otherwise, look at Mr Gasket, they sell some breathable oil filler caps - however, the after-market valve covers I was going to use wouldn't allow for their item #2045 to fit beneath the upper intake.

For now I'm just using the stock valve covers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WyleCoyote

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Thanks, seems like there is a lot of options out there, I wonder if there is a way I could just add a vacuum nipple to the oil fill tube already in the valve cover...